Jailbreaking FireStick with Kodi is probably easier to do than most might think. It’s also one of the most frequent thoughts people get right after purchasing a brand new Amazon Fire TV. I came up with a step by step help guide that should help you figure out how to jailbreak your Fire Stick while only having to use your Fire TV alone. You’ll ultimately be able to access Kodi in all its glory, & watch the latest TV shows, live streams and movies, as soon as you understand how to jailbreak FireStick in three simple steps.
Is Hacking Firestick Illegal?
Amazon’s Fire Stick is your very own private property after you’ve purchased it. This means you’re allowed to do anything you want to with it, and this includes downloading Kodi on it. The point at which things may become legally entangling is when using illegal Kodi addons, or even when watching pirated streams. This is the biggest reason why we recommend using a VPN service like BulletVPN on your Fire Stick; it prevents your ISP from seeing what you’re up to online. Here are the 3 steps you should follow through:
Step One: Hiding Your IP on FireStick
This is the most important step of hacking your FireStick. It is important because your IP address is what your ISP could use to spy on what you could be watching. Hiding it also allows you to prevent any copyright infringement notices on your email. The only way to hide your IP address is to install a VPN on the Fire TV to hide your IP address.
BulletVPN happens to be one of the very few VPNs that work on FireStick. Enabling VPN on your Fire Stick would also need you to sign up with BulletVPN. You can go through the following steps once the signup procedure is complete:
- Start up your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Head to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
- Select ‘Categories -> Utility’.
- Again, select the BulletVPN app.
- Then press ‘Get’ to download the app.
- Choose open to launch it after downloading.
- And sign in to the VPN app using your BulletVPN Username & Password.
- Then choose the VPN server location you’d wish to connect to.
- After the connection has been established, click the home button on your Fire Stick remote.
Two of the biggest benefits that you’d get from using VPN include accessing geoblocked channels on your FireStick, and also watching TV shows and movies on Kodi anonymously.
Step Two: Jailbreaking FireStick with Kodi
It takes these two more steps here to install Kodi on your Fire Stick. The first one would be to install the ES File Explorer. This is a vital step since, without it, you wouldn’t be able to install Kodi on FireStick.
Installing ES File Explorer on Fire Stick
- Head to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Developer Options’ on your Fire TV.
- Switch on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources’.
- Go to ‘Search’ from the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Type in ‘ES Explorer’
- Select the ES Explorer app icon to download & install it.
- Go ahead and launch the ES Explorer app.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick Through ES Explorer
- Head over to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ from the ES Explorer menu.
- Press ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- Type in https://bit.ly/2NDdFzm for ‘Path’ and click ‘OK’
- Input ‘Kodi’ for ‘Name’.
- Select to ‘Download Now’.
- You’ll see that the Kodi installation file will begin downloading.
- Select the ‘Hide’ option & head to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ to check on the download process.
- You can Install the Kodi apk file on your Fire Stick once it’s downloaded.
- Navigate back to your Fire TV home screen.
- Start up the Kodi app.
Step Three: Installing Your First Kodi Addon
Having successfully hacked FireStick, you might as well go on to install video add ons to allow you to stream your favourite movies, TV shows, as well as live streams on your very own Fire Stick.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Click on Video Addons and then select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on the video addon you wish to add and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait until you see Video Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select ‘Addons’.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you setup will appear here.
Summary of Jailbreaking Fire Stick in 3 Simple Steps
In closing, the three simple steps to follow are to set up a VPN on your Fire Stick, then to download & install Kodi, and finally, to install a video add-on. If you face any issues implementing the three steps, just drop a comment below and we’ll be sure to reach back out to you.