- ESPN Plus - Home of UFC 247 PPV
- UFC 247 - Other channels and broadcasters
- Bypass geo-blocks with a VPN
- Watch UFC 247 with a Smart DNS proxy
- About UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes
2020 has been a really good year for MMA fans all over the world. On January 18, we witnessed the comeback of Conor McGregor after more than a year-long absence. And boy did he return in style. The Irish fighter took less than a minute to defeat Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone at UFC 246.
And on February 8, we’re in line for another massive clash of the titans as Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones takes on the undefeated Dominick Reyes. The fight will headline UFC 247, which takes place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Now, as you may know, ESPN is the new home of UFC events. And the upcoming main-card fights are pay-per-view (PPV). Therefore, if you’re watching online, you’ll need to subscribe to ESPN+, then purchase UFC 247. Unfortunately, that only goes for viewers inside the US. Anyone who lives outside those borders will face geographic restrictions, as ESPN+ is unavailable abroad.
But a VPN and a Smart DNS proxy can help you circumvent geo-blocks and stream Jones vs. Reyes from anywhere.
UFC 247 PPV on ESPN+
In May 2018, The Ultimate Fighting Championship found itself a new home: ESPN. The “Worldwide Leader in Sports” took over from Fox in January 2019 in a five-year deal worth $1.5 billion. Both parties also signed an agreement that entitles ESPN+ exclusive rights over UFC PPV events for the next seven years.
Yes, ESPN and its parent company Disney are really investing in mixed martial arts, which is gaining popularity all over the world. The agreement allows ESPN+ to air 42 live events, 30 of which will feature full 12-fight cards. Twenty of those will be available on the streaming platform, while the remaining ten will broadcast on ESPN’s TV networks.
ESPN+ is getting the most significant chunk of UFC action as the service continues to grow its audience. That’s great news for cord-cutters who prefer standalone streaming solutions to expensive cable subscriptions. ESPN Plus has a very affordable $4.99-per-month price tag, while UFC 247 PPV costs $64.99.
Here’s what the channel is offering old and new subscribers ahead of Jones vs. Reyes:
- New subscribers can get an offer of one UFC PPV event, in addition to a yearly ESPN+ subscription for only $84.98. The annual plan will auto-renew after one year at the price of $49.99.
- Existing monthly subscribers can upgrade to the 12-month plan and buy UFC 247 PPV for a cut-price $84.98. Alternatively, you can keep your monthly subscription and only purchase the event for $64.99.
- Users with an existing yearly plan can purchase the PPV event for $64.99.
Other Channels Broadcasting UFC 247
ESPN and its streaming platform may hold exclusive rights for UFC events, but they only apply inside the USA. In other countries and regions, different broadcasters will air UFC 247. The thing is, each streaming platform can only show the event inside its respective area.
- ESPN+ (the US)
- BT Sport (the UK)
- DAZN (Germany)
- Main Event (Australia)
- OSN – UFC Arabia (MENA Region)
If you try to access any of these services outside their designated broadcast zones, you will receive a geo-error message. That’s because copyright issues prevent each channel from trespassing into foreign broadcasting territories. Therefore, you’ll have more options to watch UFC 247, instead of streaming strictly via ESPN+.
Here are a couple of geo-error examples:
- Sorry, this video is not available in your country.
- ESPN+ is not available in your country due to content rights issues.
VPNs Can Bypass Geo-blocks
Geo-blocking renders any streaming subscription you have futile when you travel abroad. ESPN+ customers cannot access the service outside the US even if they already signed up for a month or year. They also won’t be able to watch UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes even if they ordered the PPV fight.
Fortunately, though, all that money won’t go to waste, even if you travel abroad. A virtual private network, aka a VPN, is your all-access pass to online content. They will punch through Internet restrictions and unblock your favorite streaming platforms so that you don’t miss your favorite sports, movies, and shows.
You see, whenever you connect to a VPN server, your Internet traffic gets redirected to a new location. Instead of going through your ISP’s servers, your connection will travel through a secure VPN tunnel onto a server of your choice. Furthermore, your VPN will provide you with a new IP address that matches the location of the VPN server.
So let’s say you want to watch UFC 247 on ESPN+ from France. If you visit the website or app and click on any video, the above geo-error will appear on your screen. But if you use a premium VPN and connect to an American server, you’ll be able to unblock any US-restricted content.
Of course, you’ll still have to subscribe to ESPN+ and order UFC 247 PPV if you’re a new customer. A VPN subscription does not replace that of a streaming platform.
What Else Can VPNs Do?
Virtual private networks don’t just come in handy when you want to stream sports, series, and movies. You benefit from a whole lot of other features, including:
- Top-level encryption: Elite VPNs protect any data coming out of your device with military-grade encryption. The latter is an extremely tough nut to crack, and it ensures that no third parties can monitor your online activities.
- Zero-logs policy: Another great thing about top VPNs is that they don’t store information like browsing history, web destination, or IP addresses. Their servers eliminate such sensitive data to guarantee no one will get their hands on it.
- Torrent support: If you’re into torrenting and P2P file-sharing, premium VPNs are just what you need. Their privacy-friendly features will keep you safe from copyright trolls, while their fast servers make sure the encryption won’t affect Internet speed.
- Refund Policy: You can test your VPN and check out its entire features for a full month, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee. If, by the end of the first month, you’re not impressed with the level of service, cancel your subscription and get your money back.
Install a VPN to Watch UFC 247 Anywhere
As you can see, virtual private networks have plenty of advantages. But keep in mind, though, that not every VPN can provide such a high level of quality. Freebies, for example, are nowhere near as efficient or safe. First of all, they offer a limited number of servers that are overcrowded with users. Therefore, they are slow as well, which means you’ll face buffering issues when streaming live sports in HD like UFC 247.
Moreover, they cannot bypass most geo-restrictions. So even if you get lucky with speed, your free VPN may not be able to unblock the streaming channel you want.
Second, you won’t get the same level of privacy and anonymity. Free VPNs use weak encryption, and sometimes none at all, which puts all your data in jeopardy. And they also keep records of all your online activities, then sell it to advertisers who use your data to deliver targeted ads. In fact, some free brands contain malicious software.
The bottom line is it’s better to invest in a paid VPN service as you won’t have to worry about malware, privacy invasions, slow speeds, or anything else. Here’s how you can install them on your device:
- Select a premium VPN and visit its website to sign up. I recommend either ExpressVPN or BulletVPN.
- Once you finish creating a new account, download and install the app from Google Play, App Store, or directly from the website.
- Now, open the app and sign in with your new account.
- Choose your favorite streaming platform for UFC 247, then connect to a server inside its geographic zone. For example, select an American server for ESPN+, or a UK server for BT Sport.
- See if Dominick Reyes can upset the number one fighter in the Men’s Pound-For-Pound rankings.
UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes – Best VPN
Another UFC event, another huge headliner. Jon Jones, the undisputed Light Heavyweight champion, may have finally found his match as he faces the undefeated Dominick Reyes. The latter isn’t as experienced as the champion, but he certainly impressed with dominant displays.
Jones may be the favorite to defend his title, but there’s a good chance that Reyes can cause a significant upset. There’s a lot at stake at UFC 247, even in other bouts. So make sure you get a quality VPN to enjoy the best online experience.
A lot of VPN experts and users consider ExpressVPN as the undisputed champion of the elite division. Reputable media like The Huffington Post, PCWorld, and TechRadar spoke highly of the provider, with the latter saying that it is “the best offshore VPN for privacy and unblocking.”
And once you take a look at what’s on offer, you’ll understand why. ExpressVPN has excellent unblocking capabilities. It works with all the major streaming platforms, even the ones that blacklist VPN IP addresses. So while a lot of VPNs can no longer access US Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, ExpressVPN can still do so.
That means you can use the service to unlock ESPN+, BT Sport, DAZN, and other streaming channels. Furthermore, the company offers one of the best speed rates in the business, perfect for streaming live HD content like UFC 247 and other sports events.
ExpressVPN operates servers in 160 locations across 94 countries around the world. These servers cover every continent except Antarctica, giving you access to the most exclusive and geo-restricted content.
In terms of privacy and security, ExpressVPN uses the AES 256-bit encryption, which the most secure in the business. Government agencies like the NSA use AES-256 to protect secret documents. The company also does not keep any logs about your sensitive information. In case the authorities seize control of one of their servers, they won’t find any information to track users.
An automatic kill switch and a headquarters outside 14-Eyes jurisdiction further increase your online privacy.
- Fast speeds.
- Vast server network.
- Torrent support.
- British Virgin Islands Headquarters.
- No-logs policy.
- AES-256 encryption.
- Smart DNS: MediaStreamer.
- Full Netflix and streaming compatibility.
- Five simultaneous device connections.
- Kill switch and DNS leak protection.
- 30-day refund policy.
- 24/7 customer support with a live chat feature.
- Apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and Kindle Fire.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Slightly pricier than other elite options.
BulletVPN is in the same division as ExpressVPN and one of the contenders for the title. It uses the same military-grade encryption to conceal data like IP addresses, traffic destinations, and web history. Moreover, it applies a strict zero-logging policy to delete all your online activities from the servers.
And should your VPN connection suddenly drop, the kill switch will prevent any data from leaking onto your ISP’s servers by disconnecting your device from the Internet. You can even activate the BulletShield feature with the kill switch, which only grants you online access if you’re using a BulletVPN server.
BulletVPN is great for torrenting and streaming your favorite shows no matter the platform. The company offers decent speed rates that are fast enough for HD streaming, gaming, and P2P file-sharing. It also unblocks the most popular streaming services, including the above UFC 247 broadcasters.
But unlike ExpressVPN and other premium competitors, its server network is smaller, offering 114+ servers in 51 countries. Even though the number is quite low, the grid covers strategic locations all over the globe. That means you can still have access to every restricted in-demand content. Besides, BulletVPN is always adding new servers to its expanding network.
- Netflix and streaming support.
- Fast speed rates.
- Zero-logging policy.
- Round-the-clock customer support.
- Up to six concurrent device connections.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance.
- Kill switch + BulletShield.
- Smart DNS proxy.
- High-compatibility with major operating systems.
- AES-256 encryption.
- 30-day refund policy.
- Smaller server network than its peers.
Jones vs. Reyes – UFC 247 With Smart DNS
If virtual private networks don’t fit your budget, especially since you might buy an ESPN+ subscription and UFC 247 PPV, there is a less expensive solution. A Smart DNS proxy can bypass geo-restrictions as well and unblock most streaming platforms.
This tool only reroutes the URLs that reveal your location without making any alterations to your Internet connection. As a result, you’ll get past the geo-blocks that channels impose, but you won’t get any privacy or anonymity. In other words, your actual IP address will remain visible, and your traffic won’t get encrypted.
So if you’re not interested in maintaining your online privacy, a Smart DNS proxy may be just what you need, depending on which channel you want to access.
Unlocator – Best Smart DNS
As I mentioned earlier, Smart DNS proxies can give you access to most streaming platforms, not all of them. Therefore, you must select a service that can unblock a lot of channels, the more, the merrier. Unlocator, for instance, has a lineup of over 220 supported channels.
That list includes popular sports platforms like ESPN+, BT Sport, DAZN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports, beIN Sports, NFL Game Pass, NHL.TV, NBA League Pass, and MLB.TV. You can also subscribe to Hulu, HBO Now, Sling TV, fuboTV, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video.
All these channels are available for $6.19/month, $64.44 per year, or $98.75 every two years. All subscription plans include a seven-day free trial, as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Visit Unlocator to sign up. You don’t have to submit any credit card information during the free trial period.
- Check out the setup guides and videos on the website to get Unlocator on your device.
- You can configure Unlocator on any device, including smartphones, computers, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
- Stream UFC 247 from anywhere.
UFC 247 – What You Need to Know
So Jon Jones will defend his Light Heavyweight against the undefeated up-and-comer Dominick Reyes. The bout will headline UFC 247, with Shevchenko vs. Chookagian serving as the co-main event. UFC 247 will take place on February 8 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
Jones will enter the fight as a heavy favorite, with odds of 1.25 to 1. There’s no surprise about that as he is the two-time undisputed Light Heavyweight champion, with a record of 25 wins and just one defeat. In fact, he was the master of his own demise during that loss, as he was disqualified against Matt Hamill in 2009.
The American champion also tested positive for drugs on numerous occasions. His win over Daniel Cormier was changed to a “No Contest” due to anabolic steroids.
His competitor Dominick Reyes is ranked number four in the Light Heavyweight division. He is undefeated in 12 matches (12-0-0) and has everything it takes to upset the champion. Jones has previously struggled against slick boxers and good leg kickers, and Reyes just happens to be both. And let’s not forget that Jones almost lost his last match against Thiago Santos, who continued to fight despite an injured knee.
Elsewhere, Women’s Flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko will go head-to-head with Katlyn Chookagian for the title. Shevchenko, the favorite to win, is a ruthless fighter who won belts in two different weight divisions.
Here’s the full fight card:
- Jon Jones (c) vs. Dominick Reyes
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Juan Adams vs. Justin Tafa
- Mirsad Bektic vs. Dan Ige
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ilir Latifi
- Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Arroyo
- Alex Morono vs. Kalinn Williams
- Andrea Lee vs. Lauren Murphy
- Domingo Pilarte vs. Journey Nelson
- Andre Ewell vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Austin Lingo vs. Youssef Zalal
Stream UFC 247 From Anywhere – Final Words
UFC 247 will feature one of the biggest fights that could shape the Light Heavyweight division. Jon Jones will defend his title against the undefeated Dominick Reyes, who has been very impressive in his latest wins. But the streaming platforms broadcasting the event, like ESPN+, are geo-blocked outside their respective regions.
Therefore, your only solution if you’re abroad is to get a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy. These tools will bypass online restrictions to bring you UFC 247 no matter where you are.
Who do you think will win the main event at UFC 247? I think it’s going to be a tough encounter for both fighters, but Jones should come out on top. Share your predictions below.