Can I stream the 2021 US Open live? The fourth and final Grand Slam event of the year, the US Open, is set to kick off on August 30th, 2021.
The action is at its climax as Dominic Thiem and Naomi Osaka defend their titles against top tennis players at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, New York.
Several channels around the world are broadcasting the 141st edition of tennis’ US Open, which gives you a lot of options to choose from.
If you don’t know how to watch the US Open 2021 live stream in your region or while abroad, this guide is everything you need.
Tennis US Open Anywhere – The Full Guide
The steps above are more than enough to get you 2 weeks of non-stop tennis action wherever you are.
However, don’t you want to know why you need a VPN for tennis live-streaming?
What are the channels broadcasting the event? And, why are these channels blocking you once you try to access them?
Yeah, there’s a lot more to learn, which is why we created this in-depth guide below:
What You’ll Need
To be able to stream the 2021 US Open live, you’ll need all of the following:
- VPN subscription.
- A subscription with any of the channels on the list.
- A compatible streaming device.
- Good internet connection.
US Open 2021 – The Broadcasting Channels
The US Open has become a major success in Tennis. If that wasn’t the case, this wouldn’t be the 141st edition of the tournament.
In fact, back in 2019, the coverage of the US Open was seen by an average of 1,275,000 viewers on ESPN only.
That’s a huge number to get in a single country, right? ESPN and the Tennis Channel have taken over the broadcasting role in the United States.
However, if you live abroad, you won’t be left out. The International Tennis Federation made sure to reach as many fans as it can, which is why it has conducted broadcasting deals all over the world.
With that said, here are the official tennis US Open 2021 broadcasters:
|The United States|
|Amazon Prime Video||The United Kingdom|
|beIN Sports||The Middle East|
There you have it. These are the channels providing live coverage of the 141st edition of the tournament.
If your local channel charges a lot or is subject to blackouts, you can always choose any of the channels in the table above and follow the steps above to unblock it.
Can I Watch Any of the Channels in My Country?
Unfortunately, no. We’ve stated the channels’ respective countries for a reason as they’re only available there.
The channels on the list above apply geo-blocking – a system used to limit your access to the internet, based on your geographic location.
The moment you try to access a website/channel, it examines your IP address to pinpoint your location.
If your whereabouts do not match that of the channel’s coverage area, you’ll be instantly blocked. This is mainly for copyright reasons.
For example, if you try to watch anything on TSN from outside Canada, this error message will appear:
“We’re sorry, this content is only available for viewing in Canada. 72.”
The same goes for every single channel as they’re all restricted to their own countries.
Well, that won’t be a problem anymore. With a VPN, you can virtually change your location and appear to be browsing the web from anywhere.
A VPN’s Benefits
A Virtual Private Network is an online software used to secure your data, be it at work, home, cafe, or airport.
It uses military-grade encryption to shield your private information and deem it unreadable by any third parties such as hackers and advertisement companies.
Moreover, a VPN cloaks your IP address and replaces it with a temporary one based on the server’s location.
Not only does this anonymize your browsing activities, but it also allows you access to restricted content in the region wherever the server is based.
VPNs are important tools to use during your daily online browsing. They have a lot of benefits such as:
- VPNs can bypass your ISP’s throttling habits, guaranteeing better speed rates while streaming content.
- They provide over-the-top encryption to secure your data, sent and received.
- VPNs allow access to geo-restricted content from all over the world.
- You can also get cheaper online prices using a VPN to switch your location.
- With a VPN, you can hide your identity and conceal your browsing activities from your ISP.
Please note that not all VPNs are equal. Some of them, particularly free ones, tend to do you more harm than good.
With reputable VPNs such as ExpressVPN, you get a wide server network with 160 available locations to connect to.
Not only that, but you can share your account with 4 other devices, giving total security and anonymity to 5 simultaneous platforms in total.
To take the service for a test drive, ExpressVPN offers a 30-day refund policy. If it’s not what you’re looking for, you’ll get your money back, no-questions-asked.
ExpressVPN is considered to be on top of the VPN industry for now, but it’s definitely not the only one fit for this task. You can check other top providers in the table below:
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
A VPN Alternative – Smart DNS
The providers above don’t only allow you to bypass regional restrictions using the VPN method.
As you may know, connecting to a VPN service might cause a slight drop in your connection speed. Therefore, top providers such as the ones in the table offer an alternative – Smart DNS.
With Smart DNS, you get to trick the channel you want to stream without rerouting your entire traffic. Only the necessary URLs are routed, guaranteeing fast speed rates in the process.
Moreover, Smart DNS doesn’t change your IP address, which allows you to stream both local and geo-restricted channels simultaneously.
Before you put your faith in the technology, you have to make sure that the provider you’re subscribed to supports the channel.
You can test all the services courtesy of their 30-day refund policy. However, with BulletVPN, you can try Smart DNS and VPN for 1 day without even submitting your credit card information.
Stream US Open on Any Device Anywhere
Now that you have a VPN subscription and we’re assuming that you also have a valid account with one of the channels above, let us show you what you need to do in order to watch US Open 2021 on your preferred streaming device:
To stream US Open 2021 on Android, follow the steps below:
- Download the VPN app on your Android device and sign in.
- Connect to a server where your channel is available.
- Get the channel’s app on your Android. (You might need to change your Google Play region).
- Launch the channel and sign in.
- Stream US Open 2021 anywhere your Android mobile, tablet, or TV.
Whether you’re using an iPhone or an iPad, the following steps are required to stream the 2021 US Open:
- Get the VPN app on your device and connect to a server that corresponds to your channel’s location.
- Download the channel’s app on your iOS device. If it’s not available, try changing your Apple Store region.
- Launch the channel and log in.
- Start streaming top tennis action anywhere.
To watch the 141st edition of the US Open on PC or Mac, follow these steps:
- Download the VPN on your device and connect to the right server (Based on the channel).
- Head over to the channel’s website.
- Log in with your credentials if necessary.
- Stream US Open 2021 live.
If you happen to be using Apple TV as your streaming hub, this is what you need to do:
- Install the VPN on your router (Connect to a server) or configure Smart DNS on your Apple TV.
- Activate the App Store on Apple TV and download your channel’s client. (Account region change may be required)
- Finally, open the channel and start watching.
On Samsung Smart TV, here’s how you can watch US Open 2021:
- Set up a VPN connection on your router or Smart DNS on Samsung TV.
- Download the channel you wish to stream the tournament on. A region change might be required.
- Sign in with your account if needed.
- Start streaming.
Do you own a Roku? Then follow the steps below:
- Set up the VPN on your router or configure its DNS settings.
- On your Roku, search for the streaming service you subscribed to and get the app.
- Launch the channel’s application and stream away.
If you happen to have a PlayStation or an Xbox, the following is required:
- Install the VPN app on your router or set up the DNS on your gaming console.
- Download your channel’s app from your console’s respective store. (You might need to change your region).
- Launch the app and sign in.
- Start streaming US Open live.
Please note that all the VPNs on our list offer Smart DNS as part of their subscription.
So, whatever you choose, you’ll be able to bypass regional restrictions on any device you might be operating.
US Open Anywhere – FAQ
Got more questions? We have the answers in the following section:
Can I Stream US Open 2021 for Free?
Yes, you can. Both CCTV (China) and SRF (Switzerland) offer US Open live-stream for free.
Who Are the Current Champions?
Dominic Thiem and Naomi Osaka are the defending men’s and women’s singles champions.
Is It Legal to Use a VPN?
Most streaming services state that using a VPN goes against their terms and conditions. Regardless, accessing content with a VPN is completely legal.
Can I Watch US Open 2021 on Kodi?
At the moment, there’s no official add-on within Kodi’s repository. There are, however, unofficial ones, but we don’t recommend them. They’re unsafe and illegal.
Stream US Open 2021 Live – Final Words
Top players such as Djokovic, Roger Federer, and Rafael Nadal will be competing in the competition.
They’re aiming for their 21st major singles title, which raises the bar on the excitement we’ll be getting come August 30th, 2021.
You now have all the means to stream the 2021 US Open live wherever you are. For further assistance, please drop us a line or two in the comment section below.